1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I’m originally from California and now live Phoenix, AZ. I work for one of the biggest law firms in Arizona doing I.T. work. I’ve been collecting comic books for about 20 years now. Like a lot of comic collectors I stopped collecting once I got to high school, but started collecting again once I got to college.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
This is a tough question to answer, but I think I will have to choose the Zorro #11 cover featuring Lady Rawhide by Joe Linsner. When I started collecting comics again, Dawn was one of the first comics I picked up. I really liked Linsner’s art and would collect any comic with his artwork on it. His Zorro #11 was always one of my favorites by him. When I met him at San Diego Comic Con '96, I told him one day I would own this piece of artwork. Then one day on eBay he was selling the cover and I had to have it and I was lucky enough to win the auction.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I’ve been collecting comic artwork for about 15 years now. I started collecting artwork after getting a few free sketches at SDCC 95. A few months later I went to a comic show in San Francisco purchased my first pieces of artwork. One from Michael Turner and two from Dan Fraga. After that show I had to have more artwork and have been collecting comic artwork ever since.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
I store most of artwork in mylar sleeves and in Itoya portfolios. None of my artwork is framed, because whenever I consider framing something I think to myself, “that’s money I could be using to buy more artwork.”
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
1. Jim Lee X-Men page featuring Rogue or Psylocke.
2. Jack Kirby Captain America Page.
3. Jim Steranko Nick Fury or Captain America page.
4. Mike Zeck Punisher page or commission.
5. A Rob Liefeld page from New Mutants #87. New Mutants #87 is one of the first comics I ever bought.
View Danny Morales's Gallery