1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I am a 37 year old Spanish collector, who lives near Barcelona. I am happily married to my wife Cristina, with my two sons Horacio (8) and Ingrid (4). I own an upholstery business specializing in cinema seats and chairs. I love surfing and soccer. my team is FC Barcelona
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
In my gallery, my favorite piece is the Marshall Law #4 p13 by Kevin O´Neill. I loved that series in my teens. It had a great impact that it is the kind of story that had nothing to do with the typical superheroes (X-Men, Superman).
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I have collected original comic art for approximately five years.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
A part of my collection is framed and the rest stored in portfolios. My wife is the one that chooses the original to frame; and in each of my children’s rooms there is one beautiful framed original.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
- Hellboy page “Seed of Destruction” by the Master Mike Mignola
- Sin City page by the Master Frank Miller
- V for Vendetta page by the Master David Lloyd
- Watchmen page by the Master Dave Gibbons
- Sandman page by… any of the artists of the series
View Horacio Alvarez 's Gallery