1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I work at a gas station. It's not very glamorous, but it pays the bills. I have been collecting comics since I was about 10 years old. I have fond memories of reading Conan the Barbarian and Warlord when I was growing up. One of my hobbies is photography. Actually my avatar on CAF is a picture I took.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
My favorite piece in my gallery is the Wildflower Tribal Screams TPB cover. This is my favorite, because it's by one of my favorite artists, the colors are amazing and I like how the background is out of focus like a real picture. I feel very lucky to own this one.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I have been collecting original art for around seven years. I bought my first piece of original art on eBay, one by Ed Benes. I found it amazing that I could own a piece of art from a comic that I had read and enjoyed.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
I have many of my pieces professionally framed. I have more pieces than wall space permits, so the rest is stored in Itoyas.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
My top five commissions would be by Frank Cho, Adam Hughes, Brandon Peterson, Greg 'Dark One' Williams, and Stephanie Hans. I know most of these commissions will probably never happen, but one can still dream.
View M Sands's Gallery