1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I´m a 35 year-old lawyer who works for a large Spanish insurance company. I´m from the Basque Country of Spain but right now I´m living in Coruña, a city near the sea with my girlfriend Eva, who is also a lawyer.
I bought my first piece ten years ago saying it would be the “one and only” piece I would buy.
I would like to thank Bill Cox for such a great site!
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
All of my pieces are special to me, but I think the first one I bought, the page done by Max from the book “Como Perros,” will be with me forever.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I’ve been collecting to since 2001, a guy I knew had a page done by Jack Kirby and showed it to me. While I’m not a fan of Kirby, the page, the paper, the pencil, the ink, and the exclusivity made me fall in love with original art.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
In my home in Basque I had some framed on the walls, but right now they all are in Itoya portfolios.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
1.- A nice Blueberry page
2.- A nice Hellboy page (Hi, Stanley!!!)
3.- A Alex Toth page from the Zorro series
4.- A Katsuhiro Otomo Akira page
5.- a Kojima page from Lone Wolf & Cub
View Jon AM's Gallery