1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I am a computer engineer working for a major storage vendor in their performance engineering division here in North Carolina. Tech sector of the market has been my focus for over 20 years internationally across 5 of the 7 continents and until recently taken up almost 100% of my time. Personal hobbies which I enjoy are scuba diving, decompression diving, endurance hiking, Asian language studies, and art collecting. Single by choice and living life one step each day and catching as many conventions as possible to meet and acquire more art for my walls. =)
2. What is your favorite piece in your gallery and why?
I could single out one piece from my collection as favorite but the most commented on CAF and off has been the haunted piece which was conceiveed by Nat Jones and airbrushed by Brian Rood.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I have been collecting original art now for about 14 months and started late in 2006 shortly after I switched companies and found that free time would require a focus and that focus became art collecting and preservation of the art I enjoyed reading Chaos Comics when I was in my 20s so I figured collecting the original art would be a good start in my archival activities.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
Pieces at home once they have been acquired will be driven to my framer and then framed after which they are organized on my wall to be viewed by friends or the like. The framing allows me to share the art with others locally just like CAF allows me to share internationally.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
Well this is a hard call I would like to acquire a couple pieces but 5 which stick out in my mind off the top are the following:
1. Issue #3 of the jay co work done by Basaldua
Reason: that would complete a set I currently have.
2. Purgatori versus Chastity piece done by Al Rio either the bondage cover or the standard issue.
Reason: I currently am collecting parts to this issue both the
alpha and omega
3. Chastity Crazytown #2 cover done by Monte Moore
Reason: I currently have acquired the other 2 premium covers done by Brian Rood this would complete the set
4. Chastity Love bites cover done by Scott Lewis
Reason: helps complete the Love Bites set
5. Any Justiniano Rocked Chastity Cover
Reason: I have yet to hold an original Justiniano piece orsend it to be framed
View stephan mckenzie's Gallery