1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
Hi, my name is Etienne Estorge. I am 36 years old, married to a wonderfully patient woman named Lauren, and the father of a very active almost two year old daughter named Laurel. I am from Metairie, LA which is a suburb of New Orleans. I've been an Operations Manager for a Big Box Home Improvement Retailer for the past six years. I've collected comics since the late eighties and have worked in a few comic shops here in New Orleans during the nineties. I've been an active convention-goer since San Diego Comic Con 1992, the good old days! I took a hiatus for about five years after Katrina hit here but have been in full swing since Heroes Con 2010 and have been rebuilding my collection ever since!
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
My current favorite piece is my Mathilda commission by Brian Stelfreeze. It amazes me every day that Brian agreed to do it and the finished piece is stunning. (Editor's note: Attached piece is Chris Stevens - Batman/Hellboy due to space concerns)
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I have been collecting comic art since 1990. I was lucky to befriend an aspiring local inker you may have heard of named John Dell. He actually started out my collection with an ink wash Joker sketch that was sadly taken away during Katrina. I have so many great sketches from John. The 90s San Diego Comic Cons gave me the opportunity to meet great collectors, fantastic artists, and an occasional inker there too! I have four great sketchbooks from this period.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
I have a few pieces framed in an extra bedroom/office. But the majority of my collection is in Itoya portfolios. I'm currently framing eight pieces to put up.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
Top five commissions:
1) Adam Hughes Leon and Mathilda inked piece (a boy can dream).
2) Tim Bradstreet Leon and Mathilda painted piece.]
3) Mike Mignola Hellboy/Batman cover quality commission.
4) Brian Bolland Joker and Harley Quinn cover quality commission.
5) Travis Charest Leon and Mathilda painted commission. Yeah that about does it!
View etienne estorge's Gallery