1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I am currently working in the Information Technology field and living in New York. My two hobbies are playing sports (getting old for this lol) and collecting comic art. I had not thought about anything comic related until a few years ago while reminiscing of my childhood. It all started with a few books here and there. I have since amassed quite a collection of books, mostly CGC rated.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite and why?
My first and favorite piece is the Marvel/DC Crossover with Daredevil/Batman #1 (Eye for an Eye) cover by Scott McDaniel, inked by Derek Fisher. These are my two favorite characters and it came up at just the right time. Scott worked with me to get this and has since motivated me to further collect and now even draw. Scott has been a very inspiring artist to me between his skill, guidance, motivation, etc. I was blessed to have someone like him to deal with. What better way to start than with this very rare team-up, which has only occurred twice.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
About two years ago a friend of mine said to me, “Real comic collectors collect art, not books.” I started exploring cover art shortly after this and bought my first piece in the summer of 2011.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
I currently don’t display all of my pieces but my favorites are all framed and the rest are in my portfolio.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
It’s really tough to pick but here you go:
1. Defenders #22 Cover by Gil Kane and Joe Sinnott
2. Doctor Strange #1 Cover by Frank Brunner
3. Daredevil #163 Cover by Frank Miller
4. Daredevil #1 (V3) Cover by Neal Adams
5. Amazing Spider-Man #294 Cover by Michael Zeck
View D Sugar's Gallery