1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I am a 33 year-old French collector, married with two children. I live in the south of France in Marseille and I have several shops of ready-to-wear.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
As any collector it's hard to choose one piece in particular, but I think this is my page from The Goon. I love the composition, the inking is sublime, and we see the Goon and Frankie. It's one of the first issues and I love the onomatopoeia of the first box. Eric Powell is great!
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I started just three years ago when I bought a Simon Bisley original. Initially I collected comics as everyone does then I saw that you could acquire the original pages. And it’s hard to stop there, there are so many pieces that make me dream. I try to limit myself only to pages in black and white, for me it is the essence of the comics. I don't want illustrations or commissions anymore.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
Some are on the wall, but most are in folders. The problem is that I live in the south of France in an apartment facing south. So it is difficult to find space on the walls or there is no sun. I will have to find an apartment in a basement... I'll talk to my wife.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
1. Moebius: Le garage hermétique
2. Pellerin: L'épervier
3. John Romita Jr: Daredevil (the Ann Nocenti run)
4. R. Crumb: Anything
5. Rosinsky: Thorgal
View Hadji Ara's Gallery