1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
Iím an AC drives service technician and have been in the electronics field for a little over 13 years now. A good friend of mine introduced me to comics back in seventh grade during the early 90s and I have been reading them off and on ever since.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
Picking just one is tough, but I think I have to pick Soulfire #1 Vol.4 NYCC 2012 Cover. This was my first piece of Michael Turner original art. I was the high bidder on this during a charity auction at the Pittsburgh Comic Con. When Mike went up to talk about and showed the piece it wasnít even finished yet, so he finished it that night and I got it the next day. All I could say was WOW! when he handed it to me. Then last year Frank Mastromauro contacted me and asked if he could use this and a Kiani commission I have for covers to upcoming books! How could I say no?
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I have been collecting for ten years now. I was at an auction at a comic con when I saw some original art for the first time. The art was from Darkness #11 by Marc Silvestri and I knew I just had to have it. Since then I have been collecting ever since.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
Right now all of my collection is stored in portfolios. Iím hoping to get a few pieces framed this year so I can have them out for display.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
1. Any page from Spawn by Todd McFarlane.
2. Another Witchblade page or two by Michael Turner.
3. To be able to collect all the pages from Tomb Raider #32.
4. Jim Lee Batman or Superman pages.
5. J. Scott Campbell Danger Girl page.
View Jason Neil's Gallery