1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I am one half of a comic book art collecting duo.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
My favorite is X-Men #199 splash by Chris Bachalo because it is so simple but very moving even if you can't see their faces. The detail on the background is amazing and I couldn't ask for a better piece from Bachalo.
And Egad's favorite is the Rachel Rising #14 cover because one name.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I have been collecting comic art for three years and Egad started in the early 90s. I started after stumbling across a page I had to have on eBay. From there it became a hunt for a piece from each story I loved.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
Mosly in folios but I am slowly working on getting pieces framed. We have an entire wall dedicated to the art. Soon it will be covered.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
1. We would love to have a Marc Silvestri cover. And yes, ANY cover! He is one of our favorites and we had the opportunity to meet him and his wife at Emerald City Comic Con and it was the highlight of our convention.
2. One of our goals is a Humberto Ramos cover, preferably Spidey related. We have many pages from Ramos but trying to find that perfect cover is a serious endeavor especially now that we are into the new story of Superior Spider-Man.
3. Art from Before Watchmen Silk Spectre by Amanda Conner. Especially the panels with the cute little cartoon pictures.
4. More Jae Lee art. Anything. What he can do with just pencils is truly amazing.
5. One of my ultimate pages is a page from Stardust by Charles Vess. Elegant and a beautiful story.
View Michel Napolis's Gallery