1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I'm from Madrid, Spain and I have been a comic book reader and collector all of my life. I started collecting comics at age four (Spanish editions of Walt Disney Comics) and I consider collecting comic art like a natural evolution from collecting comics.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
My favorite piece is the 10/14/1962 Prince Valiant Sunday page. I had always wanted a Hal Foster page but it was just a dream. Then, a couple of years ago, a friend of mine had this page in his collection and needed money to buy another Prince Valiant Sunday, so he made me an offer I could not refuse.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I started collecting original art in 2002 with a page from Antonio Hernández Palacios’ El Cid. Why did I start? Well, the same friend that sold me the Foster page is to blame
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
Some (not a lot, my house is not very big) are framed and hanging on the wall. Others are in portfolios.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
1. Steranko: a page from Nick Fury
2. Bernie Wrightson: a Frankenstein plate
3. Burne Hogarth: a Tarzan Sunday page
4. A Conan cover by John Buscema
5. Frank Frazetta: White Indian
View Javier Vidiella's Gallery