1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
A little about myself - my family and I live in Staten Island. My son's room is a mini-Marvel museum of sorts and is where a lot of my comic art is displayed. We are a Marvel family and proudly display as much throughout our home.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
The favorite piece in my gallery is the Spider-Man #14 recreation done by Chris Bachalo and Tim Townsend. I had purchased a few pices from Chris in the past and developed a friendly relationship. I was looking to get a quality piece up on the wall when we moved into a new house, so I asked Chris if he could accomodate that wish and suggested the Spidey #14 recreation. My favorite characters to collect are the Hulk, Spider-Man, and the Green Goblin. This one had all three so it has always been a favorite of mine. Chris being the standup guy that he is turned it around pretty quickly and passed it on to Tim (Tim actaully commented on the page in my gallery) for inking. A few weeks it arrived at my house and was promptly framed and displayed in my son's room. My son and I both love it!
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I have been an avid comic book collector my whole life but really started collecting comic art in 2011. I definitely caught the bug and still have it to this day. I'm always looking for quality pieces, mainly Marvel, to add to the collection.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
The majority of my collection is framed and displayed on the wall. The remainder is kept in protective sleeves/cases until wall space opens up!
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
1. World War Hulk #3, pg. 17 - Hulk breaking Dr. Strange's hands. Klaus actually told me he would look for this page and pass it my way, if available. It is my favorite page of all time and would be a dream to own. It would also be a good consolation for losing the WWH #1 page with Black Bolt. I contacted Klaus on Twitter but he has yet to return the tweet. If someone knows how to get in touch with him please let me know. (this could actaully account for the whole 1-5).
2. Commission - John Romita Jr. - Spider-Man #14 cover recreation. I have started a little collection within a collection so this would be a HUGE addition were ever to come to fruition.
3. Commission - Chris Bachalo - Magneto, doing Magneto things. There is a page Chris did for Age of Apocalypse currently in daveofapocalypse's collection that is unbelieavble. To wn soemthing similar to that would be truly special.
4. Spider-Man #312 - Todd McFarlane. Any page from this book would be the prize of my collection. In my opinion, this was the best of all the McFarlane Spidey books. Unfortunately, owning one of these pages means not owning a second car!
5. Commission - Jim Cheung - Doctor Doom. I would have to think of the actual scene but anything from Jim involving Doom would be amazing.
View Jesse Kraus's Gallery