1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I’m a CPA who lives in Southern California with my wife and two daughters. Big sports fan who supports the Lakers, Dodgers and Kings.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
My favorite piece in my gallery is the Galactus commission done by Wellinton Alves. I loved Wellinton’s art in the Nova series written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. His depiction of Galactus in the series was one of the best I have seen. I was lucky enough to arrange a commission with him through his art rep and was floored when I saw the finished piece.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
Although I have collected and read comic books for over 30 years, I have only recently started collecting comic art. When I first attended San Diego Comic Con in 2008, I saw amazing commissions being done in Artist’s Alley and became hooked since then. I try to obtain commissions from my favorite modern artists which include Steve Epting, Esad Ribic and Adi Granov.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
I store virtually all my comic art in Itoya portfolio holders although some of my prized pieces are framed.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
I’m partial to Marvel silver age characters so my grail pages would be the following:
1) Jack Kirby Thor splash page
2) Jack Kirby Fantastic Four page
3) John Buscema Avengers page
Among modern artists, I would love to get a Jim Lee Batman commission and an Olivier Coipel Thor commission.
View Albert R.'s Gallery