1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Phil H, and I live the East Coast. Currently, I work in the commodities industry in the risk/valuations side of the business.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
So many to choose from, but I would have to say it would be my Thanos Annual #1 Cover by Dale Keown. Dale has been one of my favorite artists growing up, and for the longest period of time was doing my best to get a cover from him. Luckily, being in the right place at the right time allowed me the opportunity to pick up this fantastic piece. There is no better feeling (in my opinion) to say "I own a Dale Keown cover!"
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I'm good friends with fellow CAF member Drew Cheskin, and upon visiting his home around 2010, I was completely blown away by his collection. The sheer fact that these were hand drawn, one of a kind pieces of work made me want to personally start my own collection. Come New York Comic Con 2010, I had jumped in head first into this wonderful hobby. It has been an amazing experience to befriend so many wonderful people who are also as passionate (if not more!) about this wonderful medium.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
Currently, the collection is all housed in various size Itoya Portfolios all neatly stored in a portfolio case. I keep contemplating framing a few of the pieces, but this takes away the absolute joy of holding the original art in your own hands, and getting to look at the pieces without restrictions of glass casings, etc.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
1) Dale Keown Hulk piece (where he utilizes gray tones)
2) ANYTHING from Brian Bolland's Judge Dredd works
3) Alex Ross Justice Pages (ANYTHING with Superman)
4) Adam Hughes Commission
5) J. Scott Campbell Commission
View Phil H's Gallery