1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I'm 30 year-old collector of Italian and American original art. I live in Italy and am a Linux/Windows programmer. My girlfriend doesn't understand how I can spend my money on artwork. I love to travel and my dream is to visit the United States and attend a comic book convention.
2. What is your favorite piece in your gallery and why?
My favorite piece from my gallery is the "IRON MAN HEROES REBORN 7 page 1 – Portacio" because it is one of the first pieces of art that I received from an American seller and because Portacio’s artwork on this splash page is great! I love the little Hydra girl on the big Mandarin's Hand!
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I started to collect art nine years ago with some Martin Mystere pages, an Italian comic that was reprinted some years ago by Dark Horse. After this I began buying pages from the American series that I love like Witchblade and Avengers. The first American comic page I bought was a Thor splash by Deodato, but I traded it after fifteen days for a Texeira Black Panther page.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
My collection is mostly stored in some portfolios, because I live in a penthouse and I don't have enough wall space for my art.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
1. Sketches / panel pages / splashes by Michael Turner. I like all of this guy’s work!
2. Pages / Splash by J. Scott Campbell. I like the Gen13 and Danger Girl work of this great artist.
3. Pages by John Romita Jr. I like his Spider-Man pages very much!
4. Recently I like the Tim Sale artwork. I like his Batman from Dark Victory and Mary Jane from Spider-Man: Blue. Very gorgeous!!!
5. Pages from Image Series (Witchblade, Darkchylde, Spawn, etc) because those are the first books non-Marvel that I read.
View Claudio Morini's Gallery