1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I currently live in Baltimore, Maryland working in insurance, which can be pretty interesting since I deal with car accidents all day long. I think it is pretty obvious from the theme of my gallery that my all-time favorite character is Marvel's Thor. I'm a pretty big all around nerd, so aside from collecting Thor stuff, I'm also a big Star Trek fan, love professional wrestling, and also collect dolls.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
Since my all-time fave piece can't be featured due to nudity, my other favorite right now is my page from Siege by Olivier Coipel and Mark Morales. Since I am a character based collector, the pieces that really speak to me in regards to published pages are ones that capture really important character moments. That page from Siege shows Thor watching Loki die while sacrificing himself to save Asgard. I love the emotion captured in Thor's face.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I haven't been collecting original comic art very long. I started in 2013, when thanks to a friend who is also here on CAF, I realized I could actually try and purchase the art that was published in comics. I've always loved supporting artists. One of my best friends and current roommate is an illustrator/comic artist who I met many years ago at a convention because her prints caught my eye. What better way to show your support of a comic artist than to buy their original art and get to keep a one of a kind piece of the comic at the same time?
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
I keep my collection in Itoya portfolios. I keep saying I'm going to frame some of them, but never get around to it.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
The impossible dream piece - Page from Walt Simonson's Thor run, preferably either one with a good moment between Thor and Loki, or more specifically the page where Balder cuts Loki's head off
- Olivier Coipel page Thor #3 page 13 I think it is, the one where Thor is choking Iron Man
- Esad Ribic Thor: God of Thunder cover
- a Mike Deodato 90s Thor page, with the crazy outfit with the crop top and metal codpiece in full display
- a commission from Becky Cloonan
View Kim Skywalker's Gallery