1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I am an academic pediatrician working as associate program director at a children’s hospital in Long Island, NY. Married but no kids.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
The piece that is my favorite is the variant cover for Superman: Secret Origin #5 by Gary Frank. I have been collecting covers by Gary Frank for the past year and I am always interested in covers that feature Superman. I was contacted by the rep for Gary Frank that he was thinking of selling this cover that he had kept in his own collection. This cover has everything for me. Superman as only Gary Frank can draw in flight crushing a weapon with one hand and holding the soldier with his other hand.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I have been collecting comic seriously for the past two years. My first original art that I bought was circa-2005 from Jim Warden. I was a big John Byrne fan and I found Jim’s website and he had pages available.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
I have five picture frames from Frame it again Sam that I have aligned in one wall in my home office. I rotate the original art that I have displayed every couple of months. The rest of my art are kept in portfolios. My paintings are framed and hanging in the living room.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
The top five most wanted original pages are:
1. Uncanny X-Men and The New Teen Titans cover
2. Action Comics #863 cover
3. Flash #7 variant cover by Darwyn Cooke
4. Crisis on Infinite Earths #8 cover
5. Action Comics #586 cover
View Robert Lee's Gallery