1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
I am a Frenchman in my forties. I was born and raised in France but I now live in São Paulo, Brazil.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
I love all my pieces but I select the Silver Surfer #15 splash. First because I like the character, then because it is a Bronze Age Marvel piece, and finally because it is a splash.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I bought my first piece of comic art more than 30 years ago when I was still a teenager. It was a Jack Kirby page from Strange Tales. I started to collect comics because I discovered through a friend a comic book shop in Paris called Librairie Déesse that still exists today. Then I moved to original art but it took time until I could have a decent collection.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
The rule is that art has to be displayed or else I should not keep it. So all my pieces are framed and there are always a few displayed on the walls of my house.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
A Jack Kirby/Chic Stone Silver Age Marvel page, a Jack Kirby/Mike Royer Fourth World page, an EC Wally Wood cover, a page from the Belgian artist Franquin, and whatever incredible piece of art I might fall in love with.
View Phil C's Gallery