1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
Just a lover of art in general, and comic art especially.
2. Which piece in your gallery is your favorite?
My favorite gallery piece is probably the cover to New Mutants #49 by Bret Blevins. The New Mutants original run is still tops for me to this day. Bret has a wonderful way of bringing out the emotion of the story in his art, especially in the Fall of the Mutants and Inferno arcs.
3. How long have you been collecting comic art and what prompted you to start?
I've only been collecting comic art for a few years. Modern comics more and more disappoint me, so I started refocusing my comic interest in art. I'll always keep my favorite comic runs, but I've been selling the majority of my comic collection and diving more into the art side. Late 80s/early 90s Marvel have some of my favorite storylines, so those are the pages I'm primarily after.
4. How do you display/store your collection at home?
Most of my art is kept in portfolios, with a few select pieces on the wall to enjoy daily.
5. What are your top five most wanted original pages or commissions?
My five most wanted pieces are a Blevins Inferno cover, a Bill Sienkiewicz painted New Mutants piece, a great Marc Silvestri Inferno page, an Arthur Adams page from the X-Men/New Mutants Asgard crossover, and a Paul Smith X-Men Brood page.
View Andre J's Gallery